Monday, May 11, 2009

Blog 10 Beginning of the Gauntlet

Getting ready for this move to the Big Island was only the second time in my life that I have had to breathe into a paper bag due to stress – and the first time was when I was 25!  I later learned from a Special Forces (“Green Berets”) veteran who completed a five-year tour in Vietnam that he had approached a nervous breakdown while trying to pack up their house while his wife was in Hawaii with the kids.  And finally I met a man who said at the end of their move he was so frazzled that he would pick up the some small, insignificant item from their kitchen counter, walk all around the house, and end up putting it back in the same spot!

Future blogs will address why it can be a challenge.  For now, our story will continue in the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for leaving a comment!~WesIsland